Access Rescue Consulting at Height Ltd (ARCH) is a rope access contracting, work at height training and safety consultancy business based at 8 Lackaghboy Road, Lackaghboy Industrial Estate, Enniskillen, Co. Fermanagh, BT74 4RL. ARCH specialise in providing difficult access and maintenance solutions for work at height. We also deliver accredited work at height training for the wind energy, telecommunications, public, construction , rail and enginering sectors. Our work involves providing services and training across the UK and Ireland.
Our accreditations include:
- Approval from the Global Wind Organisation to deliver Basic Safety Training Working at Heights, Manual Handling, First Aid and Fire Awareness.
- Approval by IRATA International to deliver accredited industrial rope access training IRATA Level 1/2/3.
- Full Operator Member Company status by IRATA International – the Industrial Rope Access Trade Association.
The purpose of the Safety Trainer role is to deliver ARCH training programmes on site and off site.
The position involves a high degree of collaboration with ARCH management team, other employees and sub-contract workers.
- To work with training participants to enable them achieve skills and competence to meet industry safety requirements;
- Deliver training according to accredited bodies standards and ARCH Training Quality Management System and procedures;
- To relate the training delivery to the training participant’s workplace to maximise achievement of learning outcomes;
- Delivery of theoretical and practical training and assessment in accordance with ARCH lesson plans and relevant training standards/syllabi where courses are accredited;
- Assessment of candidates in line with ARCH assessment procedures;
- Ensuring that training is delivered with integrity, and independence free from self-interest, commercial or professional conflict of interest, and any undue product or commercial promotion.
Training Organisation and Administration
- Administer training courses, trainee records, equipment and facilities records.
- To implement excellent customer service.
Health and Safety
- Demonstrate best practice in terms of health and safety;
- Comply with method statements and risk assessments;
- Conduct any first aid or emergency procedures should they be required;
- Promote positive safety behaviour and ensure the health and safety of trainees and ARCH personnel;
- Ensuring that all training delivery is undertaken in a safe manner.
Facilities and Resources
- Undertake set up, storage and inspection of equipment;
- Pre-use inspection and thorough examination of equipment and maintenance of the equipment management system;
- Maintenance and inspection of training and storage facilities;
- Keep premises clean, stocked, tidy and fit for purpose.
- Participation in the ARCH team to attain business objectives.
Any Other Duties
- Undertaking any other reasonable duties that may be required to deliver upon the responsibilities of the position and attain ARCH business objectives;
- Implement a flexible approach to work in order to accommodate the needs of the business;
- Additionally, the position may involve undertaking some industrial rope access work – this will depend on the skills and interest of the successful applicant.
Applicants should possess at least one of the following:
- Experience in height access OR
- A health and safety qualification
Applicants must possess all of the following:
- Be experienced working in a customer focused environment, possess strong interpersonal skills, positive friendly manner, enthusiasm and have experience of working well as part of a team;
- An ability to communicate with training participants through presentation and practical demonstration methods;
- A genuine commitment to health and safety and knowledge of health and safety procedures;
- Ability to supervise and maintain the safety of trainees;
- Good health and fitness to undertake the required work functions and tasks;
- Good computer literacy;
- Good standard of education;
- Full drivers licence and access to own car for business purposes;
- Live within a reasonable commute distance of Enniskillen.
- Experience of using PPE for work at height;
- Training/adult education experience and certification;
- Have an interest/background in one or more of the following areas: emergency or voluntary rescue services, renewable energy, telecoms, work at height, outdoor education, rope access, engineering, health and safety or construction;
- Experience of training delivery in one or all of the following: work at height, rescue, confined space access, fire safety, manual handling or health and safety;
- First aid at work certificate;
- Manual handling or fire safety instructor experience/qualification;
- Training qualification, for example Level 3 Award Assessment of Vocationally Related Achievement or FETAC L6 Train the Trainer certificate or equivalent.
If candidates do not meet the desirable criteria, the successful applicant will be supported with in house and external training to develop skills in some of the above depending on their strengths and skills.
- Full-time (40 hours)
- Fixed Term Contract – Initially one year subject to a six month probationary period
- Salary - £18,000-£30,000 negotiable subject to experience
- Location – ARCH, 8 Lackaghboy Road, Lackaghboy Industrial Estate, Enniskillen, BT74 4RL
In addition to the above full-time role, ARCH is creating a panel for sessional / part-time trainers.